The Niagara Parks Commission will host the Niagara Falls International Marathon on Sunday, October 23, 2011. Please be aware of the following road closures and restrictions that will take place on this day.
· The South Niagara Parkway will be closed from Old Fort Erie to Upper Rapids Blvd beginning at 8 a.m. and will reopen as the last participant runs past each cross road. Access to homes and attraction along this section of the Niagara Parkway are available from the closest access points and will be assisted by Niagara Parks Police and Race Marshalls.
· The north bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway from Upper Rapids Blvd. to Table Rock will be closed from 7:00 am to 5 p.m. on this day.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Both south bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway through Queen Victoria Park to Upper Rapids Blvd. will remain uninterrupted as southbound lanes. There will be no northbound lane between Upper Rapids Blvd and Table Rock.
· All access to Table Rock, Falls Parking Lot and the Floral Showhouse Parking Lot will remain open for the day via the southbound lanes.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Buses at Rapidsview Parking Lot will be asked to proceed along Portage Road to Fallsview Blvd and turn right onto Murray Street to reenter the Parkway. Buses will be able to proceed south to Table Rock for pick up.
· All traffic and people movers will operate as normal from Table Rock to the north parkway.
· All races will finish at Table Rock Bus Management on this day. Bus Management will be moved to the People Mover Loop on the south side of Table Rock for the day.
· Tim Hortons at Table Rock Welcome Center will be open at 7:00 am on October 23 for the convenience of guests arriving early for the event.